Terms & Conditions
14 day Money Back Guarantee
If you are unhappy with your online purchase for any reason, you are able to send the item back to Gnomes Alpine Sports within 14 days of purchase for exchange or a full refund.
- All products returned must be in their original condition, with all packaging, labels, instruction manuals and warranty booklets present.
- The original receipt and a complete returns form must accompany the returned goods.
- Refunds will only be made by the method of payment.
- No Refunds will be made on skis and snow chains & avalanche airbags or canisters.
- No refunds are given on any special orders (products ordered in especially for a customer)
- Return shipping fees of the product are at customers cost.
- Refunds will be made within 48 hours of Gnomes Alpine Sports receiving the product back in stock. Refunds may not show on your statement for a further 72 hours.
- 14 Day Money Back Guarantee applies to online purchases only.
- No refunds on internation orders.
A restocking fee will be charged for any products returned that are not in the original condition or have no receipt.
Gnomes Alpine Sports
26 South Terrace
Tel: 03 318 8433
Once an order has been placed online and confirmation has been sent it cannot be cancelled. You can however use our 14 day money back guarantee.
NZ Price Match
We aim to be the most competitive on price in NZ, if you find the exact product (model, size, colour, year) at a lower price we will match it!
The product must be in stock at Gnomes and with the other retailer. The price match does not apply to auction sites, sole traders or parallel importers.
Call us on 03 318 8433 or email us
Stock and Inventory
We aim to keep all our products and inventory 100% accurate on a rare occasion that there has been a stock error and a product on your order is unavailable: We will first try to source the exact product from the New Zealand importer/supplier within a reasonable time scale. If we cannot source the exact product for you a full refund on the out of stock item will be issued.
We offer ‘Pre-orders’ on all new season products from March of each year through to 30th April. The ‘Pre-order’ system gives you a chance to secure the new season products as well as receive a discount off full retail price. The discount percentage can vary on each product. ‘Pre-orders’ will be shipped as soon as the product arrives in stock (this is usually mid-May). On receipt of purchase Gnomes will advise the customer on approximate delivery date. From time to time a product line may be cancelled and not delivered from the brands New Zealand importer, in this case a best match alternative will be offered or a full refund on the product which has been cancelled. No refunds for 'change of mind' will be issued on ‘Pre-orders’ products.
All prices advertised on the website are in New Zealand dollars and are GST inclusive.
Ski Boot Comfort Guarantee
We guarantee that all ski boots and custom insoles purchased from Gnomes Alpine Sports, will fit, perform and be comfortable. If after skiing, problems occur we will work on the boots at no extra charge. Finally, if the boots are unsuitable after refitting efforts we will buy the boots back less a usage charge of 30% of the original purchase price.
The following conditions apply:
- No Cash Refunds
- 30% of the original purchase price will be refunded against the ski boots only.
- Custom insoles must be purchased and used in the ski boot for guarantee to take effect.
- Boots have to be purchased from Gnomes Alpine Sports.
- No unreasonable wear or tear on the ski boot.
- Boots purchased from www.gnomes.co.nz do not comply with the “Ski Boot Comfort Guarantee”.
Children’s Buy Back
Purchase your children's skis and boots from Gnomes and when they grow out of it, bring it back and you will receive a credit towards your next purchase, of up to 40% of the original value paid (dependent on condition). No Refunds are given, only credits towards new equipment. Buy back items include skis, bindings and boots.
What equipment is covered under the buyback scheme?
Brand new children’s specific skis, bindings and ski boots.
Is there a time limit on the buyback?
No, we buy the equipment back once you have finished with them. If you have 3 children we will still buy them back once the youngest has out grown them.
How much do I get back on my children’s equipment?
Up to 40% of the price you paid for them, depending on condition. It’s normally always 40% unless totally wrecked!
Do you buy back gear not purchased from you?
Typically no, but if the equipment is modern and in good condition we will consider it to help you onto our scheme.
Gnomes Alpine Sports meets all laws and guidelines of the New Zealand Privacy act. Gnomes Alpine Sports will not release any customer information to third parties. Any data stored is used for Gnomes Alpine Sports business use only.
All credit card transactions are secure and cannot be intercepted by third parties. Once Gnomes Alpine Sports have completed your transaction, credit card details will be deleted.
Gnomes requires a customer’s email address and contact details to relay information during the transaction process and delivery procedure.
We offer laybys as a great way to spread the costs on ski equipment, clothing and accessories. It’s easy and hassle free!
Terms and Conditions
- A deposit to the value of 20% of the total purchase price is required to start a layby.
- Payments are to be made fortnightly or monthly.
- Laybys should not exceed 4 months.
- Failure to complete payments in the specified time makes the goods and the 20% deposit liable for forfeiture.
- A layby can be cancelled by the purchaser within the 4 month period however the 20% deposit is payable as a cancellation fee.
- Layby items cannot be exchanged or refunded after the layby has been finalised and collected if you change your mind.